Powered by Blogger.

Roshan’s next on the NH-8

The highway linking Jaipur to Delhi and its stories are the focus of Roshan Abbas' nextRoad movies are hardly uncommon, but this particular film gives Jaipur and Delhi readers a greater point of identification - NH-8, the highway that links the city to the capital, will be the focus of filmmaker Roshan Abbas' next. The film is titled NH 8, and goes on floors next year. 

Anchor-turned-filmmaker Abbas is an alumnus of Delhi University, and like others who study in DU, he couldn't ignore the stunning National Highway 8. "A person living in Delhi has probably travelled on
the NH-8; similarly, someone living in Jaipur cannot avoid the highway either. I have been to Jaipur many times; I come here three-four times a year. Besides coming with friends, I now travel with my wife for vacations to Jaipur. But whenever I come here, I feel enamoured by the various traditional and mythological stories that revolve around this city. Therefore, I decided to make a movie on the highway that connects Delhi and Jaipur," says Roshan. 
He was in Jaipur to attend an international youth event and told us about the film. "It's a road movie that will be extensively shot between Delhi and Jaipur. It is a social thriller and since the highway is littered with stories, so to say, I intend to capture some of them. For instance, Gurgaon depicts urban society and moving on from there, we see pockets of development and then smaller villages. The different sagas it provides make for an interesting story," he says. 
For the filmmaker, cinema is a medium of change. "I am not in this industry for the heck of it. I want to make movies that can effect change in society. As a matter of fact, Always Kabhi Kabhi (his last outing as director) talked about our education system and peer pressure, and my upcoming road movie is a critique of society and the divide in it - the haves and the have-nots," he says. And the cast? "Well, I'd love to have Saif Ali Khan or perhaps Ranbir Kapoor as the lead, but that's what I want. On a serious note, I haven't decided the cast yet," he replies. The movie will be shot next year as the filmmaker wants to capture the winter season in the two cities.

0 comments:

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks
1 Share/Bookmark

Labels

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks