Powered by Blogger.

Andie Chen's special relationship with Romeo Tan

Singapore actor Andie Chen shares a very special relationship with newcomer Romeo Tan that very few people know about.

"We have been together for some time now," said Chen, with a sly grin while stroking Tan's thigh.

Tan fidgeted uncomfortably, before Chen gave up the charade and broke out in laughter.

"But actually, it's quite

apt," said Chen, who explained that they were friends long before they began working together on the police drama "C.L.I.F", which is now airing on Channel 8.

"We met at the agency, one of the modelling agencies," said Tan.

"That was the first time we met but we really got to know each other when we were shooting 'Heartlanders Season 4' (a 2005 Channel 5 police drama)," Chen said.

"I played a gangster leader. Still remember his name. His name was 'Spike'," said Tan.

"Yeah, and I am Ryan," Chen said nostalgically. "We were still teenagers then!"

"We were playing the delinquents that were causing trouble for the Vincent Ng and Aaron Aziz characters (police officers). It was the direct opposite of what we play now."

Brothers in blue

In "C.L.I.F.", Chen and Tan play police officers at a neighbourhood police post.

The pair, along with Elvin Ng, who plays another police officer on the team, investigates bizarre killings and terrorist acts.

The pair sounded like brothers, joking around with one another throughout the interview at the drama's press event.

And it was just as fun on the "C.L.I.F." set.

Tan declared that he was overjoyed to have had the chance to work with Chen, a friend and a mentor.

"We are getting closer with this big production. Plus, he is my senior what!" said Tan excitedly.

Chen was not impressed.

"That's the thing, he keeps saying like I'm his senior, senior, senior!

"People have the impression that I have been around for freaking long right, but we are actually the same age!" 25-year-old Chen protested before cracking up.

"I'm not his senior, 
but I still bully him!"

"He has to buy coffee and stuff for us.

"Every time we have overrun or what, we (Ng, Chen and a few other more experienced cast members) would blame him," said Chen with a chuckle.

"Even though it's the rain, or something. We're like 'Romeooo' . It is always Romeo's fault and then he'll have to say 'Sorry'."
Bully/Mentor

Was Tan bullied on the set?

"No 
lah," said Tan, clarifying that it was all in good fun.

"Actually, Andy really guide me a lot.

"Even from the commencement ceremony, I feel awkward, I don't know where to stand then he'll actually like bring me in, all this thing," said Tan.

"Because it can be tough, being a newbie.

"And it is not about your acting experience. It is not about the acting but how you fit into this whole industry. It is very hard when you are new," Chen offered.

Chen explained that he wanted to help make his buddy's path a little easier, even though his own was quite rocky.

"I had to go the hard path. I had a very hard first three years. There wasn't anyone to guide me along and I didn't understand their (Singapore artistes) culture."

0 comments:

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks
1 Share/Bookmark

Labels

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks