Powered by Blogger.

Sammul Chan

Hong Kong deejay-turned-actor Sammul Chan has confirmed that he has left Hong Kong broadcast giant Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), citing a lack of good roles and poor remuneration, reported Chinese media.

"The contract with TVB expired, and I have considered many factors. I had worked on a lot of shows there but did not get many good roles and have very few chances of winning awards.

"For an actor, having a good market to develop in is very important. I will look elsewhere for a breakthrough role," Chan said of his decision to leave TVB, after appearing as a guest on a Chinese variety talk show on Tuesday.

The 32-year-old star, who became famous after appearing in the hit 2003 TVB drama "Survivor’s Law", expressed that he will be heading to China to further his career.

When asked if he left TVB for China because of the money - artistes are paid as much as five times more per project in China than in Hong Kong – Chan did not deny it and pointed out that artistes in Hong Kong are paid very little.

"They (TVB) should pay as much as the artiste is worth. I think the fees I command in China are a good reflection of my worth. 

"TVB paid me too little. I have already left so I can tell you this as I have nothing to fear," said the star, who gained a sizeable following in China after appearing in large-scale Chinese productions like "Schemes of a Beauty". 

Although Chan mentioned that he was grateful to TVB for giving him opportunities over the years and did not rule out working with T

0 comments:

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks
1 Share/Bookmark

Labels

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks